Friday, October 8, 2010

Oh, the projects...

Hey everybody!  Sorry for the long delay in blogging but I've got a limited amount of time before the cold air hits and the furnace turns on!  Here's one project that is finished, the steps.  Tore out the carpet, painted three coats of paint and voila,  plain and simple steps.  The little carpet thingy's are a little small but for now it will do and they were only $10 so as far as I'm concerned, they are adorable!  :)  If only I could rip out the oak banister and dated spindles, my entry would be more my style but someone you all know says it's a bad idea.  party poop.




I also got this amazing product from my father-in-law.  After 8 years of grout stain madness in the kitchen and bathroom, this stuff is like a miracle in a bottle.  $15 for a bottle but nonetheless, awesome.  Used every last drop of it.  Took me 3 hours for the kitchen alone.  If you have grout stains, give it a try, plus it is all green and pet friendly. Who'd a thunk?





Here's a secret shot of our roofing guy.  His name is Kon.  I told John it's just our luck that the guy is named Kon.  Anyway, he worked for three days and due to the lack of rain, I still don't believe the problem is solved but I'm hoping!  




Here is a shot of the newly redone wall!  




So I also decided to paint all the trim on the main floor, re-paint the kitchen cabinets, paint the kitchen countertop, paint and re-do the office.  Ugh, I'm like a pregnant woman in the 9th month for crying in the beer!  Nesting.  I just can't wait for winter to have it all done!  


Here's a kitchen shot - before and during . . . lovely huh?  After shots are still to come due to it NOT BEING DONE.  (check out the new floaty shelves in shot #2)





Well, that's it for tonight - hopefully I will have more to report soon.  I miss all of you guys!  

3 comments:

  1. Holy Cow! Are you crazy or what? Stairway looks fabulous. I think it's stylin'! I'm not hoping it rains, but it would be nice to see if Kon fixed your problem. I'll be afraid to move once I get there. It will be over the top by then. Keep up the good work. Kitchen is looking good, as well. Slow down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? Girl! Unbelievable! You should link up to Donna's Gitter Done party! You are one busy bee! I'm so impressed... it all looks so great! Look at your kitchen!! Wow!... Hey maybe you could paint the oak banister if you don't like it... just a thought! It's looks great Alison! You will have a whole new house before winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitchen's losing it's 80s feel! I like that big flower clock.

    ReplyDelete