Thursday, October 28, 2010

Kitchen...

So, first, let me apologize for the grainy photo's of the "new new" kitchen.  Not sure what is going on with my camera!  Anyway, I'll start out with a picture of the original kitchen.  Check out all that 1980's business going on!


Then, I painted the cabinets in 2007 and tried to update a bit.


Now, I've re-arranged the fridge, painted the countertop, updated the hardware, re-painted the cabinets, switched out the appliances and I think I'm pretty much done.  I do have the flooring which I hate and the rug I want and don't have but overall I'm pretty happy with the results.



I really wanted white dishes for these shelves but have had a difficult time finding lightweight white!   For now I'm going retro with my thermo ware and melmac.





What do you think?   Any better?  Be honest please!  :)


4 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic, Alison! Shows you've put a lot of time and effort in updating it so nicely!
    Way to GO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say it's a huge improvement. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks a billion times better. Like your tchotchkes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - kitchen envy. I Love it!!! So clean and simple yet modern and elegant. Great job.

    ReplyDelete