Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The monster bookcase . . updated?

Due to my winter doldrums, I moved this 7 foot oak bookcase my grandparents had made in the 80's, from the basement to the upstairs.  By myself.  I'm awesome that way.  Anyway, I had a split second of brilliance and turned two of the shelves vertical to mod it up a bit.  Does it look dumb?  The doldrums were relieved only while moving it, bunk.


I did buy a lottery ticket today so just a forewarning, I will be doldrum free Wednesday at 10pm when I win.  

5 comments:

  1. That gave that bookcase a totally different look and feel. Good idea. Repurposing is the new deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always loved that bookcase! I think it looks good with the shelves that way. Just don't ever paint it...

    If moving it up the stairs relieved the doldrums, maybe you should try stair climbing for about a half hour every day! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was just going to say paint it. I like the shelves that way, but only if you have a rather large doo-dad to fill the space. Plus, where is that going to go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plus what method did you use to get up the stairs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's awesome! What a cool room divider it would make. How cool are you - bringing it up all by yourself.

    ReplyDelete