Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Blog Neglect!

I'm so sorry the blog has become so lax!  lame.  I have yet to get employment but I do have a phone interview tomorrow.  It's everything I don't want.  Cubicle.  Phone.  Customers. Weekend Hours.  Maybe I'll bomb the phone interview and I can continue my search.  The hospital doesn't want me along with Target and since the school district hasn't contacted me in 3 weeks I've figured that's a goner too.  It's hard to find something during school hours!

On my thrifting adventures, stock for ebay is super low.  I did find a treadmill for $25, holler! AND a small version of my dream lamp that costs $3500.00 in the real world but I got for under $20!  holler twice!  I will get the lamp photographed soon!

My hair is still driving me crazy.  I re-colored to tone down the yellow and cut about two inches off the bottom but the bangs are driving me nuts.  I'm obsessed with the way I want them and the fact that it isn't working is a complete downer.  I want to look good for any job interview that may come my way and right now I'm not happy.  Here's a peek.



Hmm..what else is going on around here?  It's cold again and snowed today, blugh.  Oh, happy news, major rain last week and no leaking in the previous leaking spot!  I do believe our roof dilemma is completely fixed!  Of course, by typing that I more than likely jinxed that so nevermind.

I moved the turquoise cabinet that was originally in the entry to the big living room, thoughts?  This picture has a dog toy in it and the curtains on the right side look horrible, oh well, it was just a quick snapshot.  Anyway, there's subtle blue in the rug and behind the orange couch is where my mosaic table is which also has blue.  I kind of like it, makes it look less brown in there but let me know what you think!


So there you have it, a boring and quite dull synopsis of recent news around here!  :)

4 comments:

  1. I like the blue cupboard! It's a little pop of color...and besides, I've always liked that cupboard so why not bring it front and center!

    You need to quit obsessing about your hair. I think it looks nice. Since it's longer you can do so many different looks. Look on the positive side.

    Don't give up on the job search. Think of a cubicle as your own little spot to shine instead of a dungeon. It will help, I think.

    Glad you got some good items at a good price. I haven't found anything lately.

    Have fun with Kim, David and Amanda. Hug Graciella for me. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the blue cupboard in there too!

    b.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay so happy to see a new post!

    Your hair is super cute and I love the side swept bangs.

    You go girl, a job will happen, just keep trying. Sorry, I know it sucks looking!

    Dying to see your new "holla" finds.

    Love your sofas, that's all I can look at in that photo. Just love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alison... the room looks great... absolutely love the splash of turquoise in there! And I like the way you have your bangs in the pic... leave them like that... my vote!

    ReplyDelete